Database is Open For Business!
The Surname Research database provides a worry-free way to post information about your ancestors online and find others who are researching your families. As a member of SBCGS, you can submit as many names as you want and you can add new surnames as you find them.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
• Surname Wall information will be accessible to the public.
• All personal contact information remains confidential — always. Inqueries go directly to you confidentially, sender does not see your email address.
• Participation is completely voluntary. Participation is your authorization to include your surname information in any printed or searchable online databases that may be developed.
• We welcome family information from any geographic area, not just Santa Barbara or California, or the U.S.
• To make corrections, simply make them yourself or email the coordinator and request a correction.
• You always have the option to opt-out – at any time. Simply remove them yourself or email the coordinator and request the removal of your surnames.